UTV Rental Policies and Information
Trailhead ATV Resort highly recommends reservations for UTV rental, but walk-in inquiries are welcome. Your UTV is reserved rain or shine, so plan accordingly. For multiple day reservations the UTV must be returned back to the resort each night by 6 PM and can be picked back up the following morning at 9 AM. UTV rentals can not be trailered to a different location.
Half Day: Start at 9 a.m.; drop off at 1 p.m. or start at 2 p.m.; drop off at 6 p.m.
Full Day: Start at 9 a.m.; drop off at 6 p.m.
1 Full Day and a Half Day: Start at 9 a.m.; drop off at 1 p.m. the next day or start at 2 p.m.; drop off at 6 p.m. the next day
2 Days: Start at 9 a.m.; drop off at 6 p.m. the second day.
- Please call 276-945-3089 to cancel your reservation. Cancellations cannot be made online.
- Trailhead will issue a refund minus 10% if cancellation is made at least 48 hours prior to the reservation start time.
- Trailhead will not issue refunds for cancellations made within 48 hours of the reservation start time.
- We offer a one-time courtesy reservation rescheduling if the change to the reservation is made at least 48 hours before the reservation start time. Rescheduling is based on rental availability, and the new reservation must take place during the current riding season.
You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license to rent an UTV. The license must be presented on the day of your rental. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are unable to present your driver’s license on the day of your rental, you will not be permitted to operate the vehicle and you will forfeit your rental fee.
A passenger is someone who will strictly remain a passenger and WILL NOT drive the rental vehicle. Passengers must be able to grasp the hand holds and firmly plant their feet with their backs fully against the back seat rest. Seatbelts must be worn and buckled property. All passengers must wear a helmet and fasten it properly.
Mandatory Damage Waiver Program
Ensure you have a great ride with Damage Waiver options that limit your out-of-pocket expenses should you damage the vehicle during your ride. The accidental damage waiver rental protection options are as follows:
- Minimum Protection: For no additional cost, renter is responsible for the first $3,000 of any damages to the vehicle (including parts, labor, loss of use). All additional damage charges will be waived.
- Maximum Protection: For $15 per day, renter is responsible for the first $1,500 of any damages to the vehicle (including parts, labor, loss of use). All additional damage charges will be waived.
IMPORTANT: On the day of your rental, Trailhead ATV Resort will preauthorize on your credit card the full damage waiver amount based on the waiver you purchase. The full amount of the damage waiver MUST be available in order to rent the UTV. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The damage waiver is used to cover loss, damages and expenses associated with the operation of your rental. The list of charges below is an example of the kinds of fees that may be incurred in the event of a loss. It is our policy to charge the credit card in full once damage has been observed.
- Parts to repair damage to tire, rim, body of vehicle, roof and accessories
- Labor for repair
- Loss of rental income (if the unit is not able to be rented due to damage, loss or needed repairs)
- Recovery fee for vehicle
- Other accessories included but not limited to GPS, air compressor, rear view mirrors
- Helmets and goggles
When to arrive
We highly recommend arriving 30 minutes prior to your reservation to complete all of the required paperwork and go over the operation of the machine. Late arrivals will cut into your rental time.
What’s included with the rental?
The rental fee includes a trail map, helmets and goggles for all drivers and passengers and a full tank of gas. Helmets are required to be worn at all times by drivers and passengers. Trail permits ARE NOT included and must be purchased separately for each individual.
What you should bring
- Eyewear is mandatory. Your rental includes goggles. Sunglasses, prescription glasses and goggles are all acceptable forms of eyewear.
- Water and snacks
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Durable closed-toe shoes; open-toe shoes are not permitted
- Several layers of clothing
- Rain gear
Items you can purchase on site
At Trailhead’s camp store, you can purchase many of the items listed above, including drinks, snacks, ice, rain gear, gloves, bug spray, sunscreen, T-shirts, sweatshirts, dust masks and much more.
Things to remember when returning your UTV rental
The UTV is to be returned in the exact same condition it was in upon check-out. NOTE: acceptable tire tread-wear is expected, however excessive wear/damage will be charged.
All rentals are sent out with a full tank of gas. You can refuel on your own (all our rentals take regular gasoline), or we’ll take care of it for you. If we refuel the vehicle, the following charges will apply.
- Full tank: $30
- Three-quarters tank: $20
- Half tank: $15
- Quarter tank: $10
All rentals are sent out clean. We ask that you do not bring the rental back with excessive dirt/mud. There is a car wash located below the resort where you can wash the machine, or we can wash it for you for an additional charge of $50.
Trailhead will charge the following late return fees:
- $60 per unit if the UTV is brought back up to 1 hour late on check-in date
- $125 per unit if the UTV is brought back up to 2 hours late on check-in date
- Full day rental charge if the UTV is brought back more than 2 full hours late